ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! ANARCHIST ON BOARD!
Let me take this opportunity to apoligize for any offense my opinions might give.
Let me take this opportunity to apoligize for any offense my opinions might give.
My Ideology
I would classify myself as a liberal with a strong tendency to question the actions of any politician. My views have been formed in the real world. Just for the the record, I scored pretty well on the civics and current events test.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Pass the Purple Koolaid
In the interest of being open minded I watched the National Rally for America hosted by Glen Beck. To be fair,I would not claim to be a fan of his. The purpose of the rally was supposed to be to honor the troops.The purpose of the rally was supposed to be to restore honor in America. I even thought there might be some legitimate concerns regarding the economy discussed amongst the speakers. I also wanted to watch the way the people who attended responded to his message. After watching for a while, I was confused. The emphasis on service members was there, somewhat. Naturally, there were comments about taxation, but no solutions forthcoming. The emphasis on restoring the honor of Americans started to piss me off. If I felt my honor needed restoring, Glen Beck is one of the last people I would trust to do it. First of all, why is he the judge of national honor? O.K., so now I'm aggravated and I turn down the audio. I do this sometimes to read the news ticker on the bottom of the screen. After a while I started watching the crowd, they were confused too. They wanted a Tea Party Rally villifying government and they were getting an evangelical revival. All I could think was,Manifest Destiny, here we go again. Indeed, the phrase Divine Destiny soon surfaced. Then I started watching body language, most of human communication is visual. Now I'm concerned. It brought back images of Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Heaven's Gate. These people were religious fanatics, self endowed with divine rights, that caused the deaths of many of their own followers. How many people have to suffer in the name of religion before we really separate church and state? Mr. Beck made references to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights, AS IF HE ALONE CAN INTERPRET IT. Practice what you preach Beck!! and leave my honor alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment